Goldline

andrewmooton said:
Hi veronica,

I went to a seminar with someone called Sandy Jadeja www.spreadbettingtowin.com

You will find that he is quite well respected on this site aswell as elsewhere.

He mentioned goldline in his seminar and he reckons you are going to need at least £50000
to trade with it.

HTH

andrewmooton,

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you find Sandy Jadeja's seminar worthwhile?

noggin

yeah sure did, but if your a newbie I would recommend stu whissons insightsupport.com .

my personal opinion is that sandys course is more of an intermediate course.

Noticed Goldline have met with a lot of scepticism here, as a number of members have confessed to signing up I would like to know how you are doing plus any up date info if it is available

Kenel said:
Noticed Goldline have met with a lot of scepticism here, as a number of members have confessed to signing up I would like to know how you are doing plus any up date info if it is available

The Goldline website allows you to download their past performance trades.

I dont recall any people on this board posting that the trades they placed resembled the trades shown on the website.

Gold line

Hi,

I have just purchased Goldline software today, however only paid £1000 of it on my credit card and I was going to pay the rest tomorrow. Having read all the reviews, it seems that the system is too good to be true and I should have not purchased it in the first place.
I haven’t taken custody of the software yet, I am going to call them tomorrow and ask for my money back. If he is not willing to pay me back the money would you think I can take it up with my credit card company?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Reza,

You will find that you are not entitled to a refund or cancellation of the purchase agreement as it is not due to a fault in the software. However, the vendor might refund the £1,000 as a goodwill gesture. Give them a call and see what they say, failing that, you can always seek legal advice (but I doubt that you will be told anything different).

I wish you the best in obtaining a refund.

Did you purchase it from their offices or over the phone? If it was over the phone you may be able to get your money back under the distance selling rules. Do a google for more info if it applies to you.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice all,

I made the purchase at the office. I've just been on the phone to them. As you pointed out correctly they do not do any refund. However after a long conversation and persuasion they did agree to pay half the deposit back to me, and they are willing to consider the remaining £500 as a deposit towards the purchase of the software should I want to purchase it in the future.
Given the circumstances I guess this is the best I can hope for. An important lesson to be learnt, do you research first.

I don't agree so long as you did not take delivery you should get your money back. Talk to your local consumer people.

If I am not mistaken, anything purchased over the telephone by credit card constitutes "distance selling", and is covered under the Consumer Credit Act. In which case you are entitled to a full refund.

Do not let Goldline (spreadbetting/horseracing/plots of land etc etc) fob you off

What system does Goldline use to make there trading decisions? What has been there real win/lose ratio? What I'm constantly surprised at is that seemingly respectable organisations advertise dodgy corrupt companies intent on conning the uninformed. Isn't there a law against that sort of thing?

Hi all!

I noticed this thread has gone rather quiet, opinions on Goldline wise?

Which is strange to me, bearing in mind that Goldline has added more of their trade data to the website, and seemingly are doing real well in recent trades.

Anyone got any updates, or new opinions?

Regards
Iguana

Last edited:
I received the Goldline ad today and it seemed to be just what I was looking for. Decided to do a little digging, being the cautious type and wow! am I glad i found this board.
Does anyone out there know a system, any system, that has made money for them over the long term?

Regards,
Gary

The problem is, a system developer who has created a successful system is very unlikely to share it with anyone. Why sell something for a few hundred or a few thousand pounds when you can make ten times that amount a week by using it? It doesn't make any sense.

You wont hear about that many successful systems, not because they dont exist, but because the traders who have created them will be using them and keeping them a secret. If somethings on sale and looks like easy money you can almost guarantee that it wont work. The best direction you can go in mailgary is to read, learn, listen, experiment and test. Don't trade real money, dont even open up a real account. Get some trading software a good data feed and start developing your own system. Back test, step through historic prices as if you were trading them in the present and keep at it until you discover what works. Thats your best chance in my opinion.

Thanks, pkfryer. I'm only just starting out on this journey. Traded a few shares recently but withonly £1000 or so to risk, the returns are just too slow and too low. Tried the GG's and the inevitable losing run put paid to that. I'll take your advice and tread slowly and carefully. Try and put my impatience aside!

It seems very drab advice but I can only tell you from my own experience. That this is what I wish I had done when I first started out. I was so impatient! I couldn't wait to open a trading account so I could make a killing on the market. But you soon find out that its not so easy and the one that gets killed is normally the novice trader. Dont let the experienced traders have the opportunity to take your money! If you rush into trading you'll probably find out that you're rushing to your financial doom.

Look around for a trading platform that lets you trade historical prices, a trading simulator. One where you can place orders, stop losses etc. You'll have thousands of stock and decades of data to play with. Good thing about trading simulators is that you can skip forward days and weeks at a time so you get immediate feedback on what actually works. Testing out what indicators work best, how best to read chart patterns... you'll gain so much experience without risking a penny. Keep at the simulator, trying out different things you read, developing a system, until you are consistently profitable. Then paper trade until you get similar results.

I rushed into it 5 years ago and didn't go anywhere very quickly, certainly not towards financial independance. So even if it takes you a year or two before you touch a real account, believe me, it'll be worth it. Do you want to lose your hard earned money real quick, or do you want to wait, be patient, and make a consistent profit when you are ready.

Funny thing is, its hard to find a simulator that does a good job! I dont know why as I think its essential to learning to trade. Stay away from Omnitrader as its crap, and dont spend too much money as TradeStation and MetaStock dont have simulator functionality. I did discover the perfect simulator and it was free (but attached to a broker), but it was about 6 months ago. I'll have a rumage around and see if I can find it again.

Forget GoldLine and any other 'service', get cracking on developing your skills and the correct mind set! Thats where the money is.

Newbie here and 1st post.

All I can say is that I'm eternally grateful that I came across this message board and discovered the reality behind goldline. I was due to have a meeting with a certain Gerry Lannen next week to take a look at this miracle software and the financial freedom it boasts, that meeting has now been declined.

I'll be using the resources available thanks to everyone who posts on here to tune my own trading skills.

Thanks again to everyone for saving me £5k+

Make sure you dont lose that £5K+ on lots of dodgy trades instead! I've lost a lot more than that before a came to my senses.

Forget GoldLine and any other 'service', get cracking on developing your skills and the correct mind set! Thats where the money is.

I would fully echo these sentiments with the emphasis on mindset.

Trading in itself is pretty easy but your mind plays funny tricks on you which tend to slow down your journey to consistent profitability.

Get your mind right and you're home and dry.

Daeth Trader - why are you thanking people for saving you £5k ?
I have not seen a single qualified comment from any of them as past or present users of the Goldline System.
All I've seen is rumour and innuendo from people who have no hard evidence whatsoever.

UOTE=DarthTrader]Newbie here and 1st post.

All I can say is that I'm eternally grateful that I came across this message board and discovered the reality behind goldline. I was due to have a meeting with a certain Gerry Lannen next week to take a look at this miracle software and the financial freedom it boasts, that meeting has now been declined.

I'll be using the resources available thanks to everyone who posts on here to tune my own trading skills.

Thanks again to everyone for saving me £5k+[/QUOTE]