Goldline

Ah you mean a Bank Account, £100 to open then deposit £10 per day and collect the daily interest.

JonnyT

No idea.

I don't have bank accounts any longer. I have no interest in no interest.

I keep all my money at the B&B.

Bookies & Brokers

So, to paraphrase their adverts, has any Goldline user who reads this board made £3800 tax free in August ? If so, would they like to post details?

reply alan

Btw just wanted to say this in regards to your view that another set of eyes could be useful.

According to Psychologists researching financial decisionmaking, teams make poor choices and decisions. There's empiric truth to the saying "more than one chef spoils the soup ..."

alan

Psychological research really only scientific research that has contributed anything to our understanding of what it takes to become a good trader. Problem is you have to find the journal articles and read. Ignorance to science not so good imo Alan, wakey wakey

Forget scientific research.

Just get to know yourself and then really know yourself.

Since I started trading I learnt things about myself that I never knew before.

I disagree on your first remark but couldn't agree more with the latter. Get to know yourself!! ie Forget about trading systems promising high returns, none of them work. Only by knowing yourself and forming an individual trading style can you make money above Libor on the financial markets. Pls trust me

I have heard that they are now marketing Version 2 of GoldLine which will cover only trend trades ( range trades now excluded ) and will cover the Dow, Nikkei, Nasdaq100 and DAX. I have no idea of the cost. Maybe Harlosh can fill us in on this ?

Why am I not surprised to hear this ? Maybe it is because previous incarnations of horseracing software went down exactly the same route and especially when the earleir versions lost a lot of money. Why are range trades are now being exclued ? was it because they were losing money I wonder ?

Deja Vu I think

Paul

Goldline had a few good months last year especially early on, I went to see them in Sept but was not impressed, Sept was not too good for them and it's got worse ever since.

HOW? I dont know, even Ive made good money on the Dow in the last 3 months.

Mr Squad

I would tend to agree. Successfully trading the DOW over the past few months has not required rocket science.

I think the obvious reason that they're bringing in a trend following system is because the markets are now and have been trending up.

Just wait until this stops and then they'll no doubt bring back the range bound one. Pandering to the market so to speak.

This is most probably a good contra indicator meaning that the markets will no go range bound.

I also agree 101% with whoever said that you sould give ANY system at least a year before you comment on whether it's any good, but then I doubt that most people have got that sort of patience because most of the people that buy these kinds of systems expect them to produce an income almost every week or month at the minimum just like a regular job. Trading for most people even the good ones doesn't work like this.

However call me cynical but I wouldn't bother waiting 1 year to find out of this system is any good or not because it follows the same old marketing tricks of all the others

- spend just a few mins a day
- Get rich sitting at home
- Beat the pros at their own game
- You don't have to know anything about trading or the markets to make almost guaranteed money etc

OH MY GOD.......

I've just been checking their historical results and they had a 74% DRAWDOWN in equity at one stage....And people are paying money for this kind of torture.

Do you realise what a 74% drawdown means? Look at it like this you started trading it with £10,000 and the proceeded to lose £7,400, but that's not the scary fact, this is;

You now have to make a return of 284% just to get back to BREAK EVEN! And that before you can bank a single profit.

These kinds of swings I'd say are IMPOSSIBLE to trade because you'd either lose your nerve or dump the stupid system in the bin.

But these system sellers know that 90% of their buyers won't look at the facts like this, they'll only look at the profits, ie how much money you started with and how much money you ended up with.

Goldmine? More like they've found the receipe to turn gold into LEAD!

I am surprised that they make those kinds of results publicly available.

Where did you see this Anley ?