Follow me and the DAX

Okay mos! i see where your coming from!!

Why should i have 2 defend my system??? im just showing you guys what ive been doing over the last 6 months.

I WILL LET YOU KNOW IN MY OWN TIME OF MY METHODS ETC...

"everyone knows if they post on this site they are putting themselves in the public domain and WILL be scrutinised/questione/queried."

not everyone is like you mister, just take things as they are. Ive given you my back-test and im posting up new trades as there produced. :eek:

What more can a guy do, except wait for the next trade!!!

At least i havnt got a system but refuse to share with others like you most probably have!!

What makes you a member of the trading police anyway?? Theres many others here who just wanna ask decent questions your just filling my thread with smart remarks.

already on page three and all theres been is arguing. Go look for another system this 1 wont suit you.

Mug2k

Its my thread i'll control it how i like, if you dont like it then close it!! lol

2 all others, just pm me with questions I knew some smart alec would ruin this whole thing.

I remember Mr Indexking (Hugo), he was a decent guy. His trades where very good and proffitable, he actually gave up on helping others and moved to live in Spain.

All coz a few greedy so and so's not much different than some traders trying to get there 2p on my thread

Anyway, Im here 2 make money so leave me be.

Mug2k

Thought u might b 2

Last edited:
I took this from your profile Alan B

Occupation Coin flipper
Does your occupation come in handy for when you decide which way 2 trade???

Experience:

Chartered Accountant, ex financial risk manager, many years experience trading aluminium and copper on LME for hedging and speculative purposes.

So lets see how you supposedly made any money doing this???
Im sure you got some sort of system! care 2 share

Mug2k,

p.s thanks for getting me 4points

Don't worry Mug baby - I have my own specially developed system just for me buddy and it throws out a 90% success rate.
Eat your heart out - I'm keeping it under wraps.

Well go trade your 90% system then, why u wasting time looking at mine, how sad!!!

Last edited:
My my, isn't this exciting!

Mug - why do you refuse to disclose details of the Holy Grail? Why do you refuse to list the 16 silver bullet indicators? Perhaps you could suggest a few basic details of the system such as whether its a breakout system, trend following etc

BTW: Are 15 of the magic 16 measuring the same thing by any chance - probably momentum?

I wish you all the best with your hidden secret. However, if you wish to sell the system, you way want to disclose some more information about it. This way, readers may have a little more confidence in the method. Do you expect people to throw money at a system they do not know/understand? That would be gambling!!!

I've got a new system too! Its called The Holiest of Holy Grails. It has SEVENTEEN different indicators:
These are
RSI, MACD, Wind direction, coin flip, lunar cycle, birth sign of the CEO, MA envelopes, Day of the week, pin in the newspaper, blah blah.

Day of the week is my fave indicator, as it keeps me out of the market when it is closed.

Ive backtested it thoroughly, and can report a fantastic 100% success rate as it has only generated one signal in the last 100 years! I'll give you the next trading signal which I can tell you will happen at the next lunar eclipse in a company who's CEO is a Virgo.

Any bidders? Trust me - it works!

Mug2k:

I decided to take your advice from further up this thread and think before I post. So I had a long think. A very long think in fact.

It struck me that you've had such a wonderful change of fortune.

You see, in October and November you posted these comments:

mug2k said:
Thanks alot IK, also i can only afford 50p stakes currently, but im consentrating on getting my bank higher so i can make some real money like you guys do!

mug2k said:
Im with Finspreads and im currentl trading 50p each way aswell my bank is just 400 pounds.
Ive looked into opening a d4f account but you need 1000 to open it... I'll get there soon.

mug2k said:
Nice 1 IK, hopefully i can 2 be a millionaire! :)
Only need 2 gain about £999,650 lol !!!!!

And now, just a couple of weeks later there appeared to have been a miraculous change, to this:

mug2k said:
Hi traders, i know everyone is looking for the so called 'holy grail' well there is no such thing, but i have my own version which ive found very proffitable over time.

mug2k said:
Im posting my trades for others to look at, dont really care what you 50p millionaires think anyway!
Mug2k

So what happened to bring this change about? I would like to suggest that what you’ve done is bought a ‘system’.

mug2k said:
my man Soultrader and his trading systems, ive been trading along side him and the system is brilliant ( definately should have let the guy have his say) but no!!!
well it works 4 me anyway
Mug2k

soultrader said:
I only trade what my system says is worth trading and generaly they are 80 to 300 point trades and last between 2 and 20 days for a single trade

mug2k said:
trades last from just a day up2 2 weeks, even three at times but very rare.

And then today you post this:

mug2k said:
im just showing you guys what ive been doing over the last 6 months.

Well that struck me as being very odd. If you’re suggesting you’ve been doing this ‘system’ of yours over the last 6 months, then perhaps your statements in October and November were wrong?

Well I hope you’ve not spent too much money on that ‘system’ of yours.

mug2k said:
I know traders will try to work out my system but take my advice and dont waste your time.

And in case you’re wondering it took me all of 30 seconds to realise what ‘your system’ is - and it certainly doesn’t need 16 indicators to work it out, so that’s a bit of a red herring.

The reason I recognised it? I actually posted it on these boards a few months back. :cheesy:

You accuse others of not sharing, but as I do try to share, here's the link:

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?s=&postid=49185#post49185

Why is it that people are so quick to start having a go just because someone finds a good method to trade and posting the trades. Its much better to have a 'do this, do that' trade rather than a lot of conjecture on price channels and trends. I get a bit peeved at the number of technical analysts who basically say,' this might happen or that might happen, if and depending on this and that' Why don't they just say that the market can go up or down today !

Mugsy has found a way to trade and is obviously excited by the back test results. But let him post these trades for us to see, and each of us will make up our own minds.
If someone has a system that wins more than it loses, then thats what we all want isn't it? A nice well defined trading instruction of Buy here sell there and Wins more times than it loses. BINGO we're laughing. Want paying ? Sure ! If Mugsy can prove his methods I'm happy to pay him. If he can even come close to the frequency and high wins from the IK specials now being posted, then great.
I read the original IK thread from the link posted by Big Business, and he seemed to have a good way there of winning, even predicting positive or negative outcomes. This was discontinued in favour of the current, hard to trade one now being done. From what Hugo said in the latest thread anyone paying would have been given these 'MOC' orders, Big D's and who knows what else. These would have paid the proposed membership fee handsomly. But no suddenly he was branded a crook and a fraud ! Yeah right ! My point being that you are just cutting your own throats by giving people a hard time. Live and let live and let us make our own minds up. We should encourage people to post trades not discourage them.
So depsite the constant slating and nannyning by the people who post a lot but never seem to offer anything up for the rest of us to judge, we will soon have 2 good sites that can save us a lot of work. All we need now is Cj to start cjdowtrades.com and that'll be great.

Ciao
Jane

Excellent investigative work SKIM.

From MUG's mad response to my post I don't think there's any hope!

I was very surprised MUG finds 50p millionaires worse than the stuff you scrape off your shoe, as he told us he was one just a month or two ago. Maybe he has a low opinion of himself.

Having been caught out Mug, it's YOU who should think before you post, not Skim. LOL

If your system turns out to be good I will post a congratulation on this thread - but because of you nasty attitude, if it fails I am going to give you a very hard time.

Jane

You are right about giving people a chance but there are ways of going about it.

Contrast MUG's erratic and nasty posts with those of CJ's.

Both systems were queried but CJ understood people would be skeptical and responded accordingly ie. answered questions courteously. MUG just throws a wobbly at every post!

So jane, that's why this thread looks negative and CJ's doesn't - It's down to the thread starter!

From what Hugo said in the latest thread anyone paying would have been given these 'MOC' orders, Big D's and who knows what else.

Jane,

He only said that after he decided to stop continuing with the plan to charge. Earlier I think he had said that he had been told by the author of that original system that he shouldn't share the trades.

I ended up not believing a word he was saying because it was so hard to tell the truth from the lies. He was both rich and poor at the same time.

OK guys I accept the tone of Mug2k is a bit harsh at times, but at the end of the day he is posting trades that we can all judge for free, so there is nothing to lose just by following them is there ?

BigBusiness: Thanks for that original IK thread link, it was interesting to read. I still think people were OTT in putting him down. MOS3329 says its down to the thread starter, but I didn't read a 'harsh' post from Hugo in any of the threads. Indeed he came across as very cute and generous (from a female perspective!). A really nice guy in fact. Anyone can see the Janitor thing was a gimmick !

I'm willing to admit that I'm new to trading and am a bit gullible but I am happy to follow a trade strategy from anyone as long as its free to do so. If I decide its good then I would be prepared to pay a small fee, but only after a long period of 'observing'
Mug2k is offering that as he wants to prove the worth of it, which is what he needs to do to convince us to part with our cash.
Like Hugo Mug2K isn't actually doing anything wrong because he's posting trades for free, but he's already coming in for the rap?? It doesn't seem fair to me.
There is one thing bothering me though. If you want to 'sell trades' you wouldn't give the methodology otherwise you wouldn't be able to sell them ? Is that right or are the Rum and Cokes starting to take effect !

Ciao
Jane

Jane,

I found Hugo quite pleasant most of the time but I also found the person who had me working for free for 3 months quite pleasant most of the time. It took me that long to see that the promised wages were never going to arrive.

I am an ex gullible person and if someone isn't straight with me, the warning lights start to flash. There are a lot of people trying to sell "systems" when it is obvious that if they worked well, there would be no need to sell them. That is what Hugo used to say.

"There are a lot of people trying to sell "systems" when it is obvious that if they worked well, there would be no need to sell them. That is what Hugo used to say."

Not quite sure on the validity of that argument, as a great system would be a great seller in my view. Hugo wasn't selling his system, he was selling the trades it threw up. I would guess that if Hugo gave out the details you might not see the opportunities as he would see them. I've seen a lot of charts and indicators on the board and to be honest they might as well be in Chinese ! I'd rather hear a buy/sell summary than see a lot of lines, abbreviations, colours and speculation. Like I say trading is new to me and so is the Technical Analysis. This is why these people with Buy/Sell advice are important to the non technical among us. I don't really care why something works as long as it works.
I can understand you and others being skeptical and its a good thing, but sometimes we have to hold our skepticism in check.
That said it looks like Skimbleshanks may have uncovered Mugs system but before we hang him can we perhaps give him a little longer to show his trades. That way Skimbleshanks could say each time if it matched his system posted on another thread.

Ciao
Jane

"Like I say trading is new to me and so is the Technical Analysis. This is why these people with Buy/Sell advice are important to the non technical among us. I don't really care why something works as long as it works"

With respect (and I've been there too) the "tell me what to do and I'll do it" approach never works because it amounts to acting on tips without any understanding of the basis on which they may be given. On that basis I could post tomorrow to do the opposite of what Mug2K says and you would then have to decide between us - how would you make your decision?
Never act on tips - only on informed decisions and if you arn't able to make these just yet be patient until you feel that you are

On that basis I could post tomorrow to do the opposite of what Mug2K says and you would then have to decide between us - how would you make your decision?
I wouldn't do either I'd wait and see !

Rognvald my posts may be misleading. I'm not just doing trades because someone said so, I'm looking to see who's consistant . So far the IK system has impressed me. Firstly by the huge original thread, secondly the praise (til the end !) and testimonials and thirdly because I've been impressed with what I've seen at the site. The main trade system is difficult but the new version is much easier and more profitable. :D

Jane

jslee:

While I understand where you're coming from, it does concern me slightly. This is my reasoning. It's OK saying that you're waiting to see who's consistent, but without knowing what the system actually is, you're going to be left high and dry when the system poster fails to post the exit, for whatever reason. That, in my mind, is a potentially dangerous as well as expensive situation and I hope it never happens to you.