Trendsignal & Goldline - are they connected?

bigbusiness:
I have been using trend signal for about one and a half month at the most.It has paid for itself within the first week. So i have no qibble about whether i win or lose in the long run regarding the price of purchase. Imho .Scared money never wins.
Also you must be prepared to lose in order to win.
My philosophy in life is as flws:
I was born with nothing,
If i die with nothing
then i have lost nothing.

I can see your reasons for not purchasing- as long as thats your reasoning thats fine as there is no obligation on you.
Also as long as thereare buyers there will be sellers doing a trade.What is cheap and what is expensive is a personal issue.
If youn are lookiung for a holy grail -it does not exist.
I am happy with what i have and have no hesitation in recommending trendsignal as they are a bonafide group who have stood their ground and are traders-who had the decency to come on the BB and answered a lot of issues -even to the point of throwing down the "gauntlet" which i must say was not taken up.

rgds
zarif

Bigbusiness said:
I agree this is getting silly. I like that 'put up or shut up' quote. The last person I heard using that was John Major. What a wise man he was.

Like I said before, I am not going to get in to a mine is bigger than yours argument.

The thought of ever returning to Milton Keynes does not appeal to me. I went there once and thought I would never escape the roundabouts. I am quite happy with what I have and I wish trendsignal the best of luck selling their software. I have managed to get buy without spending large amounts of money on software but I realise some people will feel the need to try these things and trendsignal might as well take their money.

Bigbusiness,

Thankfully, because these guys are in Cranfield there are very few roundabouts to negotiate; indeed you do not have to go into Milton Keynes at all, but please, do take them up on their invitation to visit them to see them trade; they are welcoming, friendly and very busy traders; the trading room is very active and there is no doubt in my mind that they are successful traders with much experience between them.

I have just picked up on this thread, this morning, and I have taken an interest because I have met Jerry and Mark and have visited their trading suite in Cranfield on two occasions. Indeed, I was due to pay a visit to their trading room last week but had to go to the West Country on business. The purpose of my intended visit was to talk to Jerry about his brokerage 2waytrade, which I may wish to use for the purposes of trading longer term. I have, in addition, attended their day course on candlestick trading which I found to be both informative and good value for money.

I can't comment, however, on the strengths or otherwise of Trendsignal as I have no experience with the product, but what I can say is that on my visits to them, and throughout subsequent communication with Mark and Jerry, I have found them ready to offer advice, assistance and the benefit of their knowledge without any pressure to avail myself of their products.

Go up and see them and watch them - and others - trade real time. I aim to pay another visit again shortly; they are a welcoming, friendly team and, in my opinion, are straightforward, down-to-earth and successful traders.

I speak as I find.
Sean

seancass:
Many thanks your comments and could not have put it any better myself.
Well said and sound advice.
I myself use the real time version of trendsignal and as yet have not visited them but am going to see them -just to put faces to the name.
They are a friendly and helpful bunch willing to help and share their knowledge and experience. I cant see anybody else doing that.
bravo for your positive comments and points
zarif

This thread started because there seemed to be a link between Goldline and Trendsignal. While I accept that the people at trendsignal might be nice people and they might be traders, I was put off by the website they were using to try and attract people to buy their software. It just looked like all the other dodgy software websites and I certainly wouldn't consider parting with £4,000 having seen that. Not that I would require their software anyway because I have found what is suitable for me and it was at an inexpensive price. I just use Sierra charts and Excel. The screen shots of the trendsignal software didn't impress me much as I can't see how it has much of an edge over other far cheaper software.

I have also seen messages from two people who have the software and are disappointed. There doesn't seem to be many people who have used the software for a reasonable period giving their opinions.

It is quite easy to make charts with exel. I had no spreadsheet knowledge before doing it, I just found a book in the library and followed the instructions from this website:-

http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/index.html

I have attached one of my daily charts for the Dow. But whatever software you use, I still think the hardest bit is knowing when to take a trade and knowing when to stay away. I would be more impressed if the software vendors could show charts showing when a trade goes wrong and how to take a loss. Most of them seem to be only focused on the winning trades. I also think it is easy to see trades after the event but it takes skill to do that in real-time. Expensive software might look good but how does it improve your trading? When it comes down to it, there are lots of good traders just using price and volume charts.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 432
big business:
Nice chart.
All your points are good and valid.The hardest choice as you say is "when to hold and when to fold" in any trade-for me trendsignal has helped immensely on that score alone.
I respect your views and points.
rgds
zarif

trendsignal/assett18/selecta7 etc etc

LevII said:
I have been doing the best I can to try to check out the Trendsignal organisation prior to visiting their offces for a demonstration.

Alarmingly, if one follows the following link (found on a google search on goldline systems) and clicks "goldline-systems" one is taken (after a short pause) to the Trendsignal home page!

http://www.thegoldtrader.co.uk/..\goldline-systems\index.htm

Similarly, the tempter of on the Trendsignal page http://www.trendsignal.co.uk/more_details.asp is virtually identical to the old Goldline site.

Is there connection between Mr Harniman, Selecta7, Asset18 and Trendsignal? I hope not.

Is there anyone (Skim perhaps if you have time) with better research capabilities than me who can find out what, if anything, is going on?

Thanks in anticipation

LII

hi saw yr questions about assett18 etc.........................mark harniman is selecta7 and assett18 and goldline

I tried selecta& and it was b****cks.... first yr was OK but then massive losses......he seems to have left horseracing alone after failing and tried stocks....beware big time I would say!!

Thoroughbred

Thoroughbred said:
hi saw yr questions about assett18 etc.........................mark harniman is selecta7 and assett18 and goldline

I tried selecta& and it was b****cks.... first yr was OK but then massive losses......he seems to have left horseracing alone after failing and tried stocks....beware big time I would say!!

Thoroughbred

Mr H is now selling ...... options on blocks of land. You apparently pay him £5k and get an option on 1 acre of land. 7 years later you can either buy it for £15k or lose your cash. Sounds like a winner to me ...................... I can't wait to get my "once in a lifetime opportunity"

Hi - is your reference to Asset 18 re Goldline etc. Asset -18 the golf software programme, as the presentation of the website looked suspiciously similar to the Goldline site - any further info would be appreciated - Doug

bachtobebop said:
Hi - is your reference to Asset 18 re Goldline etc. Asset -18 the golf software programme, as the presentation of the website looked suspiciously similar to the Goldline site - any further info would be appreciated - Doug

Doug, they're all connected to Mark Harniman...he started with selecta7 for horseracing but when that couldn't select winners to save itself (literally) he claimed it was oversubscribed with happy punters so he closed it down and went on to golf betting predictions (Assett 18) then onto stock market prediction/analysis software ; Goldline.........but none seem to make money for the subscribers just for him.......no surprise there.

I was interested in the selecta7 about 3 yrs ago but after toying with the idea decided against it when I looked closely at their results and saw that each bet needed to be £600 each way and even then only about 10% were winning!!...anyway what really put me off was a bragging email from him saying that he was so successful that he was about to take delivery of a new Aston Martin DB8.....if that was his idea of aspirational marketing then it seriously backfired!

Guys.

I have been a member of a small betting syndicate that makes reasonable profits on sports such as baseball, NFL, NHL, and mostly and more recently soccer on Betfair.

Some 2 years ago we began looking for additional sports to add to out betting portfolio and came across Assett18. We ended up visiting them at their Hitchin HQ and was impressed with their presentation.

Like I say that was 2 years ago, and while we have made only a very small profit, this was using their software in our own way and NOT using the tips they publish on their web site each week. This system is quite simply not worth the money and I am convinced that had you followed their advice throughout the last 12 months you would have lost a large sum of money.

If you are interested, this is a rough explanation of how the software works. It relies completely on the concept of 'value'. The Assett18 software uses a large database that contains information on every single factor that may potentialy affect a players form. This will include details of their health, mental state, whether they are using new clubs, adverse weather conditions, you get the drift...
When the draws are made at the beginning of each golfing tournament, you will run an analysis against this database and it will utilise all of it's 'intelligence' to inform you if their is value in any of these draws (Value is defined thus: The software will crudely predict that over the course of a PGA season Singh might play Mickelson 7 times and will win 4 times, so if with any bookie you can get Singh at odds of evens or above you will have a 'value' bet (because using level stakes for all 7 bets you will have made a profit at the end of the season, understand? 7 bets of £100, 4 wins and 3 losses means you are in profit £100).

This whole system relies completely on value. However we have seen recently that Assett Investmants are backing players at very short odds, going more with current form or the more consistent players (like Singh). In the last 2 weekends they have given Singh more than once at odds of just 1.5 and he has lost each time! They have stopped practicing what they preach and at a glance it looks like all of their members are not showing a profit this season (which began in January).

By the way, when we visited Assett18 there were 2 staff driving Aston's, I personally saw them in the car park! They never paid for them with their profits from golf betting, that much is certain.

I have been using Trendsignal and Goldline for a while now, and although I'm not doing too badly ( particular the more recent trades on Goldline ), I find Trendsignal fairly complex to use.
( although my gut feeling tells me it is the stronger of the two systems). The example charts look impressive, but as no expert I find that I have to use my own judgement, more that what I would like. Can any other current users help ?

windyday said:
Guys.

I have been a member of a small betting syndicate that makes reasonable profits on sports such as baseball, NFL, NHL, and mostly and more recently soccer on Betfair.

Some 2 years ago we began looking for additional sports to add to out betting portfolio and came across Assett18. We ended up visiting them at their Hitchin HQ and was impressed with their presentation.

Like I say that was 2 years ago, and while we have made only a very small profit, this was using their software in our own way and NOT using the tips they publish on their web site each week. This system is quite simply not worth the money and I am convinced that had you followed their advice throughout the last 12 months you would have lost a large sum of money.

If you are interested, this is a rough explanation of how the software works. It relies completely on the concept of 'value'. The Assett18 software uses a large database that contains information on every single factor that may potentialy affect a players form. This will include details of their health, mental state, whether they are using new clubs, adverse weather conditions, you get the drift...
When the draws are made at the beginning of each golfing tournament, you will run an analysis against this database and it will utilise all of it's 'intelligence' to inform you if their is value in any of these draws (Value is defined thus: The software will crudely predict that over the course of a PGA season Singh might play Mickelson 7 times and will win 4 times, so if with any bookie you can get Singh at odds of evens or above you will have a 'value' bet (because using level stakes for all 7 bets you will have made a profit at the end of the season, understand? 7 bets of £100, 4 wins and 3 losses means you are in profit £100).

This whole system relies completely on value. However we have seen recently that Assett Investmants are backing players at very short odds, going more with current form or the more consistent players (like Singh). In the last 2 weekends they have given Singh more than once at odds of just 1.5 and he has lost each time! They have stopped practicing what they preach and at a glance it looks like all of their members are not showing a profit this season (which began in January).

By the way, when we visited Assett18 there were 2 staff driving Aston's, I personally saw them in the car park! They never paid for them with their profits from golf betting, that much is certain.

hell those cars must be 18 months old by now.....time to raise some cash for new ones from a new software system, me thinks!!

BTW talking of software systems to predict sports event results, if anyone out there is interested in Brimardon Systems my advice is save your hard-earned. Tried it and they are a total waste of money.............they only do horse racing only but it's impossible to make money from their software. If anyone's interested I'll fill you in.

Thorougbred,

The Horseracing systems started long before Selecta7 with something called The Dorchester Plan which then became The Prime Plan and just prior to Selecta 7 there was Breakthrough. All of them lost money and I heard of one guy who managed to reverse engineer the entire program to the point of reading the source code and you wouldnt believe how simple the whole approach was. The key to success for this guy is the marketing and not the product and Goldline will be no different. As you say spouting off that he has just upgraded to a Rolls or DB8 I would suggest is from the profits earned by marketing the software and not from profits based on trading.

Paul

Hi Thoroughbred,

I also tried the Brimardon system a year or so ago. The scariest thing, were the sometimes massive losing streaks, and the large number of races they bet on. Not a system for people with a nervous disposition !!

Trader Tom said:
Hi Thoroughbred,

I also tried the Brimardon system a year or so ago. The scariest thing, were the sometimes massive losing streaks, and the large number of races they bet on. Not a system for people with a nervous disposition !!

Sure but they still advertise big priced winners but what they don't show is that you might have 40 losers in a row before hitting on a 20/1 winner!!.. As I say it's nigh on impossible to make money on their system...........funniest bit of the lot is that this year they have a thing called 5* bets and what is their strike rate on these since April 2004??? Answer: less than 8%!!!!.......there are very many better products around for certain. But again like Harniman they advertise a lot and that looks impressive.....................I've tried over 25 horseracing systems and found just 2 that are reliable over a decent period...............a lot of hassle (and cash wasted)but worth it now ( I hope).!!!

Thouroughbred,

Hope I finally find the reliable ones like yourself. No doubt I will spend money searcing for the holy grail II

Trader Tom said:
Thouroughbred,

Hope I finally find the reliable ones like yourself. No doubt I will spend money searcing for the holy grail II

Well it probably depends on how much you can afford to burn finding out!! My advice is don't touch premium rate stuff that's for mugs for sure. But I use Isiris which cost £1750 in January but they don't have more than 1 or 2 selections a week. Success rate is as good as you'll get though at around 60% although a lot of short-priced ones like 5/2. 3/1 etc....but art least they win!!!. Also am back using traveltheturf fortune500 who have similar strike rate but bigger priced selections so profit is a bit better. They also show all results which is unusual !!........and no curve-fitting either!

Thanks for that Thoroughbred, I will have a look into them. I do enjoy horse racing, and it would nice to actually make some money from it !!

Thoroughbred said:
Doug, they're all connected to Mark Harniman...he started with selecta7 for horseracing but when that couldn't select winners to save itself (literally) he claimed it was oversubscribed with happy punters so he closed it down and went on to golf betting predictions (Assett 18) then onto stock market prediction/analysis software ; Goldline.........but none seem to make money for the subscribers just for him.......no surprise there.

I was interested in the selecta7 about 3 yrs ago but after toying with the idea decided against it when I looked closely at their results and saw that each bet needed to be £600 each way and even then only about 10% were winning!!...anyway what really put me off was a bragging email from him saying that he was so successful that he was about to take delivery of a new Aston Martin DB8.....if that was his idea of aspirational marketing then it seriously backfired!

Thanks Thoroughbred - you have confirmed my suspicions - Doug

OK, does anybody know of ANY software systems that DO work?

I am extremely sceptical of ANY software system that claims to predict winners, quite simply because NO programme can accurately calculate ALL of the variables in a race, it is impossible. Anyone care to disagree?