The incoming BTC crash

The more yields back up the less attractive the crypto will look versus traditional investments.

When you buy a JPEG of the original Tulipomania chart verified by blockchain for $6.5million using bitcoin then we have reached peak ideocracy.
Yeah (NFT) Non fungible tokens have a place. So does voting and universal income/helicopter money via blockchain.

Seems our resident 'expert' and spread-bet taxpayer is a tad off the mark (again).

Bitcoin [BTC} Price Quote : 17:40 GMT Feb'16 2021 £34,808.54

That's errr, a 72% gain this year. A truly spectacular crash.

[NOT}

😁

A month later.

Still going up.

Topped $60,000 dollars.

This price crash has bankrupted Tesla, wrecked the economy and devalued the dollar!

Errr, no, wait. That should be:

Has made Tesla more money than selling cars.
Incompetent Government wrecked the economy.
Printing countless Trillions devalues the dollar.

Hardly surprising so many are turning to cryptocurrency as their jobs vanish, their dollars lose value and their politicians tell them to stay at home.

😁

A month later.

Still going up.

Topped $60,000 dollars.

This price crash has bankrupted Tesla, wrecked the economy and devalued the dollar!

Errr, no, wait. That should be:

Has made Tesla more money than selling cars.
Incompetent Government wrecked the economy.
Printing countless Trillions devalues the dollar.

Hardly surprising so many are turning to cryptocurrency as their jobs vanish, their dollars lose value and their politicians tell them to stay at home.

😁
Fair points

but still a tulip is a tulip

Fair points

but still a tulip is a tulip
Indeed.

But, as a Tulip merchant, all I care about is that my meager investment in a few bulbs transformed into an entire field of blazing colour, and this mothering Sunday, there's a long queue at the farm gate eager to pay high prices for them.
😁 🌷😁🌷😁🌷😁🌷😁🌷😁🌷😁=💰💰💰💰💰

As to what happens to them after that ...
Who cares??

The blooms are selling, the 💰is in the 🏦.

If the price falls, I'll restock.

If it rises, I'll sell more.

💐

When I say risk mean long USD short SPX, BTC, Commodities. I shorting stonks as don't trade the crypto coinage mkts directly. I surprised that the FCA banned crypto CFDs as they are unreliably priced but allowed spread bets to remain.

When I say risk mean long USD short SPX, BTC, Commodities. I shorting stonks as don't trade the crypto coinage mkts directly. I surprised that the FCA banned crypto CFDs as they are unreliably priced but allowed spread bets to remain.
You can buy Bitcoin ETF's and put them in your Pension thats how 'safe' they are. 😄

Ethereum in the pension pot?

zerohedge @zerohedge
10h
Hedge Fund CIO: "Ethereum Now Races Toward Becoming The Foundation Of A New Global Financial System"

Its all great until the authorities stop the crypto threat in its tracks before the public at large have a chance to catch the 100k to 1m move. It would get to a 1m to be size of gold mkt but gold as industry uses and is not a threat to the current payment system.

Its all great until the authorities stop the crypto threat in its tracks before the public at large have a chance to catch the 100k to 1m move. It would get to a 1m to be size of gold mkt but gold as industry uses and is not a threat to the current payment system.
Funds are selling Gold to buy Bitcoin!

Ewq567RXMAEpzrX

Talking of liquidity everyone piling into short term paper.

BofA Global Research: 10 Surprising Facts About Bitcoin

1. Concentrated Ownership: About 95% of Bitcoin is controlled by just 2.4% of the accounts, and distribution is heavily skewed towards the largest accounts. By comparison, the latest Fed data suggests that the top 1% of Americans control about 30.4% of all household wealth in the US.

7. Poor ESG Score: The E in Bitcoin is a major environmental disaster as Bitcoin prices are directly correlated to its energy consumption. The rising complexity that underpins Bitcoin is its biggest asset and the biggest flaw of the entire system. The energy consumption of the entire system have propelled Bitcoin’s CO2 emissions higher. (Half of China Bitcoin mining happens in coal-heavy Xinjiang province).

10. Biggest Threat to Bitcoin: CBDCs: Central bank digital currencies (“CBDC”) would represent a major break with the status quo; in this, they are like cryptocurrencies. However, we think they are likely to differ technologically from cryptos, and are in part motivated by central banks’ wanting to defend their territory from cryptos and their relatives.