K.I.S.S. Trading GBP/USD

so Fox, what happened with the whole challenge thing you and DJ agreed on? You've posted a few times since DJ agreed and seemed to get the ball rolling, but you went quiet and you're yet to address it in any posts since your return?
I was looking forward to it! :)
regards.

Good Morning All,

Well after such a late night, and a very messed up sleeping pattern, I decided to just head down stairs and fire up the charts. I must admit I'm still feeling in a state of highly alert, yet very groggy, so I'm glad to be done with my trading day so early.

Anyhoo I identified a few opportunities of low risk high probability trades, and took them.

The first 4 failed, but again I must emphasize, I really do not mind giving a few pips to test the market, if they pay off, they pay off big, and if they fail, so what, what is a few pips. This notion of needing 10+ SL's is definitely not needed(for this trading style). Yes there are a few trades where I have moved my stop to circa 10, but that is because I am fighting the internal battle of wanting to be right vs the evidence proving I am wrong, however my SL's do average out to be around 5 pips.

View attachment 192720

Have a great day trading Y'all.

Best
John.

make sense to me, lately on EU I am not risking more than 2.5 pips, for GU I would risk 3.5.....

I have 4 options to take my profits, I make sure I take some off as soon I gain some, it reduces my risk.....it is also good to have a free trade with a lot of space.....a few times a week they produce goods

The P&L in your screenshot doesn't add up... the pip total should be -21.2, but yours says +46.3 ??? Even if your position sizing is bigger in the final winner, the pip total should add up... Another faked screenshot John???

Good Morning @DowJones,

Wow, just wow.

As I read your last few posts, you remind me of a rabid dog, foaming at the mouth, you really do. I sincerely hope your better half is not in the room with you as you type with such venom. :LOL:

I promise you, I wish not to raise your blood pressure, as I have inadvertently done, so please just move on from this thread if it is giving you a foaming mouth.

Oh, and please allow me to retort to your nonsense.

When one is trading, it is quite hard to have all the trades showing, and seeing your monetary gains, and since the latter is of most importance to me, thus I shorten the box which shows the trades taken.

Trades taken, or percentage wins do not concern me, all that concerns me is hitting a certain level of monetary gains, or around 40 pips.

I have attached a screen shot, just for you showing the side of the table, so you can see that the box, has been shortened. ;)

£ 23.6.15 IIT.png

Please do tell if this is not satisfactory for you, and I'll see what else i can do to bring down your blood pressure.

lots of love
John.
:love:

make sense to me, lately on EU I am not risking more than 2.5 pips, for GU I would risk 3.5.....

I have 4 options to take my profits, I make sure I take some off as soon I gain some, it reduces my risk.....it is also good to have a free trade with a lot of space.....a few times a week they produce goods

Ciao Fugazsy,

You are absolutely right, free trades, are what should be looked for, and as you are now getting them, the more you seek them, the more you will find them. Sure some will fail, some will reverse, but if stops are tight, then your winners will cover your losses, and give you a profitable day.

One bit of advice i would give you is, try and see how many of the free trades, work, how many lose, etc on a daily basis(end of day analysis), and keep a record of these, this record will become imprinted in your memory over time(ie the averages), and this will give you more confidence in your abilities.

Have a great day trading.

Best
John.

Ciao Fugazsy,

You are absolutely right, free trades, are what should be looked for, and as you are now getting them, the more you seek them, the more you will find them. Sure some will fail, some will reverse, but if stops are tight, then your winners will cover your losses, and give you a profitable day.

One bit of advice i would give you is, try and see how many of the free trades, work, how many lose, etc on a daily basis(end of day analysis), and keep a record of these, this record will become imprinted in your memory over time(ie the averages), and this will give you more confidence in your abilities.

Have a great day trading.

Best
John.

that is the reason of having different options, the long run do not happen as often as the average one but the average one produce from 1.5 to 3 R:R. Having a systematic approach as that helps me to take the emotion out of my trades and I am able to trade as a gambling house, of course my knowledge of my TA is my house edge, but nowadays I do not rely on it much emotionally as I use to.....it does not pay..anything can happen at any time...

I have ordered la margherita, but it got cold....:(

Oh how I love T2W,

What is it that makes grown and hopefully mature men act like this?

Here we have an OP that is clearly enjoying himself and having a premier footballer lifestyle, without the training, although he clearly works out a lot... He is posting some ideas and yes claims but as he stated himself is not selling anything nor soliciting any kind of business, or would have been banned.

So what has he done that excites a gentleman enough to start escalating challenges and makes the gentleman rush out to prove to all of the forum he has £150k in a bank account. Now I will stick with that for a short while. This is a large enough forum and if certain people are good traders and also have lived a relatively successful life, why would they not have such a sum. In fact a sum that they wanted to show at three times the 'bet' size. Many people in their late 40's, 50's or more should have such sums. What made me chuckle was the image of a guy saying to his wife, 'I will be in for dinner in 10 minutes I have just got to email my bank account to a guy I don't know in a forum because he has annoyed me and my statement will give credence to my rebuttals of his wild trading claims'. I am sure said wife would have concerned looks on her face as they sat in silence and dowjones was turning back to his usual colour from the purple that was evident ten minutes before. Then when he caught his breath he said, 'now that fixed him, I told them to shut down the thread immediately, I even bolded my words to emphasise my victory in the faceless forum and now I am sure to be respected'.

My comments are not specifically aimed at dowjones just forum life in general and what makes a group of middle aged guys get excited, it is really enjoyable to behold. When even a moderator who lurks in the wings, seemingly permanently, to spot if my good friend F and OP of one of the most popular threads here, makes a grammar error. Yet the same guy can't control himself when he has a couple of losing trades and does all his dough. He could trade pro I believe, well if pro meant as an alternative to stacking in Tesco. The downside is when the purple mist comes Tesco will still pay you on that week too. With respect it is very easy to trade £2 a point and keep your cool, the difference comes at higher stakes and when the money has a consequence.

Now as for OP, I don't know what compels people to come here and make such threads. I can only think of one of my children, he was always doing something good or bad for attention, he did not mind either kind and thankfully he has grown up a bit since. Some people live strange lives and the interwebz has given certain people a chance at second life, maybe that is it. If a thread is interesting or entertaining who cares at this stage, unless it is your first day online you really should be over it by now. T2W is lax as has been mentioned many times on moderating and why not? OP has not cost anyone money, he has not sought money and I have to confess I found the whole running around with bank statements rather amusing.

I am sure I will get a bit of flaming for my post, do I care? No. Did I intend to insult anyone? No. I was interested enough to post my observations about it and if people agree or don't then what can I do about it? I will avoid any attacks on my person and challenges to show bank statements, trading accounts, offers to go outside and requests for pictures of my John T.

Long live T2W, long live light touch moderation and long live OP.

What makes a grown man join an internet forum ,and 3 months in is calling a stranger my good friend .....you don`t need to answer that as its comically obvious..... a pretty sad one

^ you would prefer I called him cult leader, yes it is the interwebz but come on!

Like I note you just carried your hostility from his thread to here, nice day your having?

Take your pic, friend.
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter:
friends of the Boston Symphony.
a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile:
Who goes there? Friend or foe?
a member of the same nation, party, etc.
(initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.
a person associated with another as a contact on a social-networking website:
We've never met, but we're Facebook friends.

^ you would prefer I called him cult leader, yes it is the interwebz but come on!

Like I note you just carried your hostility from his thread to here, nice day your having?

Take your pic, friend.
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter:
friends of the Boston Symphony.
a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile:
Who goes there? Friend or foe?
a member of the same nation, party, etc.
(initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.
a person associated with another as a contact on a social-networking website:
We've never met, but we're Facebook friends.

As far as I can see you are none of them options ,the closest being option 6 so I stand by what I said .....You have a child you mentioned ...better you get the mother to teach them about internet safety rather than tell them daddy goes looking for friends on the internet (sorry interwebz) of people he has never met

And I am not hostile ,at least I will be direct in what I said rather than insult people in a subtle way

^ I never said you were hostile to me, maybe you feel you are and that is why you mention it. You have an issue with F's thread and the people who enjoy all the great calls and advice, it is not a secret.
As for me being subtle, come on, hardly subtle unless your reading ability is that of an 8 year old.
For clarity I am not saying that applies to you.
GL

^ I never said you were hostile to me, maybe you feel you are and that is why you mention it. You have an issue with F's thread and the people who enjoy all the great calls and advice, it is not a secret.
As for me being subtle, come on, hardly subtle unless your reading ability is that of an 8 year old.
For clarity I am not saying that applies to you.
GL

Did I say I was not hostile to you or just not hostile in general ...me thinks I said just hostile so why you inferred it was about you I don`t know

Yes as its like this thread ,full of huff n puff

I said subtle because you go on at the end ," Did I intend to insult anyone No"

I think I like you Nick ,so much so in the short time we have engaged here I am nearly sure I have developed feelings, so under option 1 of your friendship guideline protocol .....NickBK will you be my t2w friend

DowJones,
I loved the thread, not upset at all.
As for your bank statement I am less impressed by it as you seem to be.
GL

In a nutshell and mainly to a moderator willing to answer. I understand that Dow Jones sent a guaranteed statement of account to T2W for a sum of money to be used in competition with Mr Fox.

Does T2W acknowledge receipt of that statement? Would T2W be kind enough to state the post number, please? There has been so much written here, that I have not been reading it all. Sorry to be so lax.

What about Mr Fox? Did he state how much he was willing to set aside?

My feelings are that so much has been written by both parties, each one slanging the other, that T2W should let all of us know, in this thread, what the facts are about this challenge, especially T2W's involvement.

Originally Posted by scholfield View Post
It's an intetresting time to be a trade2win member!
I can't ever remember a time since joining where such a huge percantage of the membership are apparently killing the market day in day out.
Maybe the researchers got their 95% stats upside down.,..

:LOL: maybe it's about the pattern of ultimate losing. I suspect many start off fine and indeed kill the market, unaware of the risks they are running in getting those "spectacular" returns. Then comes the day when the risks they are running (and/or their poor discipline) leaps up and bites them only for all those lovely gains to disappear in a trice and then some.

So the pattern is probably a long climb up the mountain side then a spectacular seconds long swallow dive from the heights leaving a crushed body on the rocks below.

Schofield, if it moves it can be killed

Attachments

• killing1.PNG
    killing1.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 148
  • killing2.PNG
    killing2.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 146
What makes a grown man join an internet forum ,and 3 months in is calling a stranger my good friend .....you don`t need to answer that as its comically obvious..... a pretty sad one

"My good friend" could be a figure of speech. It can be heard in every day conversation and means very little, at least to me.

The point about all this is the useless nitpicking that goes on and your post is a good example, I'm afraid.

"My good friend" could be a figure of speech. It can be heard in every day conversation and means very little, at least to me.

The point about all this is the useless nitpicking that goes on and your post is a good example, I'm afraid.

It goes on between strangers online does it .....and as for useless posts maybe if you read the posts instead of asking others to pinpoint specifics

Nitpicking as you call it ,but its fine for you to do it to me then when it suits

It goes on between strangers online does it .....and as for useless posts maybe if you read the posts instead of asking others to pinpoint specifics

Nitpicking as you call it ,but its fine for you to do it to me then when it suits

Read them? All of them? You have to be joking,