Brexit and the Consequences

In my day (ex-journo from the Cretaceous period) it was considered shoddy writing to present a process as an event. Imo it still is.
Hi Canta,

This line of yours reminded me of this sketch for some bizarre reason, I have no idea why. Perhaps it's an indication of what is to come.

Monty Python - The Black Knight - Tis But A Scratch - YouTube

So take a phrase from the sketch "Look you bastard you have no arms left" to which the dark knight replies it doesn't matter I'll kick you to death.

Yes the Dark Knight may still be alive but why give up any of your Financial jobs at all would be my question to the Brexit club. Saving fisheries compared to losing finance is like replacing ones arm with a little finger in monetary terms. I believe the Brexit club are really supporting this change under the flag of sovereignty.

I've just had a conversation with a friend who works in the transport industry. The normal cost of a shipment, from Germany to Liverpool, is approx £1,500. Last week, it increased to £3,000. Today, he couldn't get a quote AT ALL!!!!! The Brexit loonies have got their country back (well and truly).

I know it isn't ideal but if the UK re-joins the EU a lot of companies may drift back from Ireland and The Continent.
The French and Germans aren't going to relent from their nasty position so let's hope Boris will do the right thing and change his mind. He was a remainer originally until it was obvious which way the vote was going.

I know it isn't ideal but if the UK re-joins the EU a lot of companies may drift back from Ireland and The Continent.
The French and Germans aren't going to relent from their nasty position so let's hope Boris will do the right thing and change his mind. He was a remainer originally until it was obvious which way the vote was going.

Hi Pat,

I thought you were a Brexiteer! Have you changed or lost your mind? (y)

And remember not to accidently get the vaccine you said would kill us all.(y)

This thread refuses to die.
You do realise that your spouting of opinions has no effect on the outcome.
We will leave the EU and if it is under WTO rules or Australian rules (AKA a punch up) this thread will not affect it in any way.
You are just venting your frustrations on each other to no effect.

This thread refuses to die.
You do realise that your spouting of opinions has no effect on the outcome.
We will leave the EU and if it is under WTO rules or Australian rules (AKA a punch up) this thread will not affect it in any way.
You are just venting your frustrations on each other to no effect.

Nonsense ! We love arguing. What else is there to do whilst waiting for the markets to turn up again. 🤣

Nonsense ! We love arguing. What else is there to do whilst waiting for the markets to turn up again. 🤣
Postie's right though (he said, through gritted teeth) as this thread is now getting on for 12k of pointless argy-bargy. There are no winners or losers and nothing is gained or lost. ...but I still have to side with CV ...there's only so many cat videos a man can take and these T2W Traders' Anonymous self-help sessions are a welcome change from one's various addictions - or maybe it's just another.

Postie's right though (he said, through gritted teeth) as this thread is now getting on for 12k of pointless argy-bargy. There are no winners or losers and nothing is gained or lost. ...but I still have to side with CV ...there's only so many cat videos a man can take and these T2W Traders' Anonymous self-help sessions are a welcome change from one's various addictions - or maybe it's just another.
You can Never have too many cat videos.

As you can see I'm going stir crazy in lockup too. 😇

End of discussion!

Unsurprisingly the BBC are not reporting this. 😲 🤦‍♂️

As someone who likes to debate from time to time, I have sometimes wondered if there is a difference between debating and arguing. I guess it all depends on whether you are using valid points or not. (g)

As someone who likes to debate from time to time, I have sometimes wondered if there is a difference between debating and arguing. I guess it all depends on whether you are using valid points or not. (g)
A debate suggests a formal event with rules and an end point where people agree on a conclusion. AKA Rhetoric.

An argument is a bunch of stupid people screaming and yelling and not listening to what the other person is saying with no intention of changing their own opinion.

A debate suggests a formal event with rules and an end point where people agree on a conclusion. AKA Rhetoric.
Plato? Aristotle? I fink yor gettin a bit previous mate! You haves to remember where youse are and anyways the main
ting is that that there's a yuge difference between argument and Argument what a lot of folk wot not...which ends up with:
An argument is a bunch of stupid people screaming and yelling and not listening to what the other person is saying with no intention of changing their own opinion.
...or T2W as we like to call it:)

Plato? Aristotle? I fink yor gettin a bit previous mate! You haves to remember where youse are and anyways the main
ting is that that there's a yuge difference between argument and Argument what a lot of folk wot not...which ends up with:

...or T2W as we like to call it:)

Whether it is a debate or an argument also depends on what one walks away with. I learned this from my ex-wife who would yell out in our debates "DON'T WALK AWAY WHEN I AM TALKING TO YOU!"

To me the debate had already ended, as nothing further could be gained. Better off using my time else where.

I learned a lot about 'Mr Market' from my wife, you can argue with either of them but you're not going to win.
When it goes up just say ok and go along with it, when it goes down just say ok and go along with it. 'Arguing' with both is futile and costly and you can't 'debate' either of them.
Brexit is happening and we are not part of the debate anymore.

I learned a lot about 'Mr Market' from my wife, you can argue with either of them but you're not going to win.
When it goes up just say ok and go along with it, when it goes down just say ok and go along with it. 'Arguing' with both is futile and costly and you can't 'debate' either of them.
Brexit is happening and we are not part of the debate anymore.
Life is a just a series of learning experiences: sometimes a little, sometimes a lot; sometimes fun , sometimes not......
Noting your use of the past tense there, I'm assuming that the wife count is still in the low single digits and in a fairly slowly rising trend:p

"A debate suggests a formal event with rules and an end point where people agree on a conclusion. AKA Rhetoric."

Nooo, these days a debate is where 2 geriatric pompous old fools shout insults at each other for 2 hours and continue thereafter to agree on absolutely nothing at all.

( ignoring all throughout, the formal rules of the occasion and futile attempts to restore order and decorum )

😁

The way I understand it, debates are really for the audiences’ benefit and not the debate participants. Especially in a political debate that’s televised. No politician is going to announce to his debate opponent “You are right, I am dropping out of this race.” But the audience can (maybe) make up its own mind and decide if any of the debate points are valid.

Now in a philosophical debate things can be less rigid and can be any style of debate you choose. Even here in Trade to Win we have our own viewing audience where we can influence people’s opinions who never plan to post messages on the subject discussed. Have you seen the number of views that some threads here have? Considering that the posts never get deleted here you can possibly persuade people years after a post has been made.

The way I understand it, debates are really for the audiences’ benefit and not the debate participants. Especially in a political debate that’s televised. No politician is going to announce to his debate opponent “You are right, I am dropping out of this race.” But the audience can (maybe) make up its own mind and decide if any of the debate points are valid.

Now in a philosophical debate things can be less rigid and can be any style of debate you choose. Even here in Trade to Win we have our own viewing audience where we can influence people’s opinions who never plan to post messages on the subject discussed. Have you seen the number of views that some threads here have? Considering that the posts never get deleted here you can possibly persuade people years after a post has been made.
I find myself agreeing with you that debates are for the audience and so you have convinced me that my original suggestion was wrong so I have changed my mind. But this is a paradox because your assertion is that people in debates DON'T change their minds. Your statement fails on logical fallacy.

Leave aside liars (or politicians as you call them) the only way reasonable people can interact is via debate and at the end one reasonable person should (though not always) change their point of view. However due to that wonderful human (dis)ability 'cognitive dissonance' people will logically know they are wrong but still declare they are right.
Aren't human beings wonderful.